Thursday 28 July 2011

Where to live???

So the many options given to us have led to our choice of...... A tower apartment.  (1500 sqft 3 bdr 2 bath) This option does not have a yard, but locality on base and proximity to all the play equipment and school is very close.  Or we can find a japanese house off base.  This now will bring us to the story of this evening.
So thankfully to a wonderful gal who was willing to babysit for us, my hubby and I headed out with baby to visit a few houses available for rent.  We had an appointment at 3pm with one real-estate person and an appointment at 5pm with another.  We were thinking an hour and a half SHOULD be more than enough time to see a house or two.
So off we go with baby.  The first house we see, supposedly in the area we wanted, was small and cute but not what we were looking for.  The second however was exactly what we wanted.  The only down fall was that it took at least 30 minutes to get there.  I did mention the time frame, right?  So while looking at the 2nd house my hubby had to sneak outside to make calls to the other agent pushing back our appointment.  This of course changing our plans for the evening.  After deciding that it was TOO far for us to live from the base, we headed back to the hotel.  I got to go get the kids and do a little grocery shopping while the hubby headed out with the second agent.
My hubby and I have been married for 9 years now and I feel he knows me fairly well, however he has no faith in himself so he brought along a camera.   Bonus for points for the hubby!  He wanted to make sure I would like something before waisting my time to go see it.   The first house had doors no more than 5ft 6in tall.  This cinched it for me, but he took pics of the whole house just in case.  It had a good size yard, but the DOORS? NO.  The 2nd house (again) was the one for us.  This time the down fall was the owner owns a business in half of the down stairs.  AND yes he will be working out of it.  The 2nd and 3rd floor are beautiful and not a bad area, but no bathroom upstairs on the 3rd floor.  Picture a sleepy child trying to find the bathroom in the dark, down steep japanese stairs.  THEY ARE STEEP.  And so ended another day of house hunting and not a home in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment